Dendroboard banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Some may find this also interesting-this frog was shown to me during an ayahuausca ceremony as a powerful healer. I work with chronic pain patients so I'm very excited about the possibility of a new medication which is not an opiate.
Ayahuasca eh? Nothing sounds worse to me than those 'ceremonies.' l can't tell you how much I don't want to hallucinate, get extraordinarily ill and puke my guts out--all while being eaten alive by insects in the forest.

If you were interested in it as a medication for your patients, maybe you should check on FDA approved, legal drugs?

But to sort of answer your question, in parts of South America some people do use poison frogs medicinally. As far as I can tell they catch Ranitomeya or Epipedobates frogs (I sort of suspect it is the later, but the description could have been either), agitate them, poke two holes into someone's arm, and then run either the frog or its secretions into these holes. I've heard good things about it. But the same people who have told me it was good described their symptoms as initial intense pain, periods of tingling and numbness, spikes in heart rate and blood pressure, etc. So, in conclusion, it all appears to be a load of hogwash. On a thread that has been dead for 5 years.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts