Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always liked the bamboo fountain thing.

I was thinking about putting in a pair of terribilis or bicolor. Whadya think?

John R.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Just a caution about those rocks. In my first tank i used a bunch in my water feature and notice a oily like film in the water. After checking the packaging, i noticed it explicitally stated not to use them in an aquarium. Just a thought.

Otherwise, cool looking setup!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Greetings All,

Thanks for the compliments. I thought about mantellas. I do have several groups of juvie darts that need more room though, so I was going to move some of them in here.

Aaron,
I haven't noticed any film residue in the water. Your probably right about the type of rock this is. I don't have the bag anymore. It had been used previously to force bulbs a few years ago. Maybe the residue had rinsed off then? Did you continue to use the rock? Any problems?

John R.

·
Registered
793 Posts
The frogs in the tank got infected with hookworms, so i tore it down completely and when I redid the tank I didn't put the rocks back in, just to be safe.

I didn't have any problems other than that, which was un-related.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Hey John,

That tank looks awesome! Very modern. I was thinking about doing a concept viv, but just don't have the room for it. I was thinking like a tiki theme...lol. You know a fake volcano and some torches and little bamboo thatched huts for breeding purposes.

Justin

·
Registered
683 Posts
Hi tikifrog,

I would love to see how this tank has done.
Per or conversation on Sat. Please post an update of this tank.
I'm anxiously awaiting. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts