Dendroboard banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post your recipes! You can post pictures, your recipe, and tell us how well it worked for you.

·
Banned
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I use
DRY
1/2 cup Creamy wheat
1/4 cup Cinnamon
1/3 cup Active bakers yeast
1/2 cup Fine potato granular

Take 1/3 a cup of media and mix with

WET (Per culture)
About 1/2 of lukewarm water
About 1/2 of Vinegar

I've have decent production, but I can't seem to find Brewers yeast. Costs about 10 cents a culture
Yield: About 5 cultures

·
Registered
635 Posts
I use
DRY
1/2 cup Creamy wheat
1/4 cup Cinnamon

WET (Per culture)
About 1/2 of Vinegar

I've have decent production, but I can't seem to find Brewers yeast. Costs about 10 cents a culture
You can buy brewers yeast in any drug store. Vitamin Shoppe, GNC, etc...

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I use
DRY
1/2 cup Creamy wheat
1/4 cup Cinnamon

WET (Per culture)
About 1/2 of Vinegar

Im pretty certain when using active bakers yeast the most you should be adding is 10-30 granuals per culture (tiny pinch)....Not 1/3 cup.

·
Banned
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can brewers yeast in any drug store. Vitamin Shoppe, GNC, etc...
Ok thanks, but what's the difference between using active bakers yeast and brewers, other than brewers can withstand a higher alcohol content before degrading?

·
Banned
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im pretty certain when using active bakers yeast the most you should be adding is 10-30 granuals per culture (tiny pinch)....Not 1/3 cup.
I know, but this recipe makes a few cultures,

·
Banned
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GRIMM, reviewing your recipe, and knowing and you know what you're doing, I might try that. I never would of though of using less yeast. Can I substitute the orange juice for the water and vinegar though? I think the reason is because of it's acidic content.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Some threads are worth digging up from the grave...others are better off slipping into oblivion. The FF recipe one can be a great source for all of us, don't think anyone is gonna be mad about it resurfacing.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
GRIMM, reviewing your recipe, and knowing and you know what you're doing, I might try that. I never would of though of using less yeast. Can I substitute the orange juice for the water and vinegar though? I think the reason is because of it's acidic content.
Im not sure where you read about my ff culturing method, but I dont use the orange juice method anymore.

I have been getting great results using this linked method, with the exception of melos for some unknown reason.

http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/food-feeding/62277-guide-making-ff-cultures.html

·
Banned
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Banned
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey where do you guys get your flys if you don't already have any booming cultures? Haven't been into frogs for a while, but I just bought a culture. I was thinking buying those mini FF kits at petsmart?

·
Banned
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's my 2 cultures I just started. One with a pinch of yeast, and the other like my OP.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Ok...Just trying to help you out here.

If you wake up in the mornin and can't find your glasses, they're right ^^^THERE ^^^ behind the FF cultures. :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
I use
DRY
1/2 cup Creamy wheat
1/4 cup Cinnamon

WET (Per culture)
About 1/2 of Vinegar

a good source and price for brewers yeast is swansons. do a search for swansons vitamins online. they are a huge company and better pricing than gnc and the other walk in vitamin shops.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts