Dendroboard banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I offered my P. bicolor crickets(very small, but not pinhead...). The Bicos are approximately the length of a quarter(svl). These guys simply dove on them. They are WELL fed, and still, showed great enthusiasm! I was quite surprised at how pursuant they were of the crickets. Once they had a bite, it was no going back! I fear they will not care about FFs! Just wanted to share! These were dusted with the Vit A blend.

JBear

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I offered my P. bicolor crickets(very small, but not pinhead...). The Bicos are approximately the length of a quarter(svl). These guys simply dove on them. They are WELL fed, and still, showed great enthusiasm! I was quite surprised at how pursuant they were of the crickets. Once they had a bite, it was no going back! I fear they will not care about FFs! Just wanted to share! These were dusted with the Vit A blend.

JBear
This was a non issue... They took the FFs graciously. Of course I was reserved in the amount fed, but they took them. What little glutons...

JBear

·
Registered
752 Posts
My azureus eat anything and everything that sticks to their tongue. I ran out of flies at one point and had to feed pin heads in a pinch and had the same concern. They REALLY liked those crickets..Burgers and steaks...obviously steaks are better but I still like burgers

·
Registered
543 Posts
All I have so far is froglets, and they seem to prefer springtails to fruit flies. I can't wait for them to get big enough to sample other invertebrate vittles.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Sounds like they are living up to the Phyllobates as T-rex reputation...
Yup--my terribilis and bicolor literally use their front feet to stuff crickets into their mouths. For those wondering how active these guys can get, throw some appropriately sized crickets into their tank and watch 'em chase the crickets down...they don't have a chance!

·
Registered
359 Posts
They are monster eaters, I feed my bicolors and mints hydei and bean beetles. I havent done crickets yet, because I do not won't to deal with them.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Yup--my terribilis and bicolor literally use their front feet to stuff crickets into their mouths. For those wondering how active these guys can get, throw some appropriately sized crickets into their tank and watch 'em chase the crickets down...they don't have a chance!
Yup--

I'm glad you're breaking "my" babies into other feed......I'll be calling soon....!

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
I hope that Scott understands the post which kinda got screwed up when I copied/pasted it...am hoping to get three yellow terribs from him shortly...my budget says wait a week or so...and since I'm already feeding crickets to all my tree frogs, its a piece of cake to slip a few into the dart tanks...the three azureus will be a good group to share in the goodies...so now the 1/4 inch I get every three weeks may be okay for some...or even the pin heads and let 'em grow on a bit...darts are the best...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts