Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You are talking to an old herper friend and he's talking about this awsome retic at the last reptile show and are left wondering how a Dendrobates reticulatus could by any means be called huge.

Yeah, he was defiantely talking about the snake, not the frog. *smacks head on desk*

Oh, and another... if you keep carnivorous plants in your room and never need to feed them thanks to the ever present loose fruit flies. My pitcher plants are pretty darn happy!

G

·
KeroKero said:
You are talking to an old herper friend and he's talking about this awsome retic at the last reptile show and are left wondering how a Dendrobates reticulatus could by any means be called huge.

Yeah, he was defiantely talking about the snake, not the frog. *smacks head on desk*
LOL.... day ja vu

edit... need to slow down ;)

·
Registered
639 Posts
If you take 4 days vacation to drive 3,475 miles (round trip) to pick up frogs because the guy will not ship due to heat. BUT,, the rockies are beautiful and the weather was great.

TonyT

G

·
If the "walking pepper" on your salad doesn't bother you.
If you buy $20.00 jeans and think they are expensive but can buy frogs for $125.00 and think you got them cheap.
If you can hear the call of your frogs but can't hear your wife yelling at you.
I'll stop now,
Mark W

G

·
If you own more tupperware than marth stewart and emril combined.

If you dog's favorite game is lick up all the fruit flies.

If you spend over $500 a year on overnight shipping and insulated boxes (No I don't work for Omaha Steaks).

·
Registered
173 Posts
you know you're a frogger freak when...

.......Your friends look at you funny when you say you have to leave a party to go pick up a shipment of frogs from Delta dash.

......You swear that you're through getting frogs for at least a month or so, in a week you've got more coming in.

.....You pay off your credit cards so you can get more frogs on them.

..... you find that you've got a limited web site visitation, rarely visiting something that doesn't deal with frogs/terrariums/supplies... and you're on this site several times a day ;)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Somebody posted this on frognet way back then... it stuck in my head:

"When your frogs have a better sex life and you are happy about it."

SB

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
one more

.... when your roomate says her biggest fear is bugs... yet can squish a fruit fly when she sees one with no problem. (she didn't like the pet roach idea though, let me tell yah)

... when everyone at the local petstore knows that you'll take old leaking tanks and give out your number to customers (happens a lot, its how I get my best tanks :D )

... when your RA ignores the no-pets-but-fish rule because your frogs are just too cool!

...when all your photography friends come in your dorm room to practice their macro photography on your frogs.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
...when you rationalize how much you would save by cutting meals to buy more frogs.

...when you browse ebay and/or the local papers for used tanks, daily.

...when you have a party and spend half the time explaining to your guests that 'No, they're not poisonous in captivity.'

...when you look at pieces of artwork that have natural wood and think about how they would look in your tanks.

...when you come home with a load of slate tiles, and you're not redoing your floors.

...when you can point at your shirt and tell people, "I have two of THESE, and four of THESE, and seven of THESE."

·
Registered
210 Posts
...if you've ever clogged up your bathtub or sink while in the process of building a viv.

...if you have several back-up plans for unclogging your drains.

...instead of hiring a plumber, your neighbors ask you to come over and unclog their drains, because you're the best in town.

...if you can rattle off the latin names for all the darts, but you're not even sure what their common names are.

...if you've ever had to tell guests, "No...I don't grow weed in there."

...if you ask for plant grow lights at the hardware store and the employees give you funny looks. "No, it's not what you think."

·
Registered
173 Posts
dart frog fever when...

... if you go out hiking and spend most of the time wondering if certain plants will live in your terrarium.

... if you have a whole room dedicated to the frogs alone.... and the bulk of your electricity bill is from lighting and heating/air because you don't let your house go out of the 75 degree range.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Bry all those have happened to me but the neighbors hiring as me a plumber

·
Registered
545 Posts
...if you have burn marks on your fingers from the hot water for fruit fly cultures.

...when your frogs take up 90% of ur room and you only have a bed and closet :D (and your mom is angry about it ;))

·
Registered
160 Posts
...IF your parents who could care less about dart frogs can name several off and indentify a few species.

...IF you hunt in the woods for moss.

Hey how angry will your mom be when you start to use the closet?

1 - 20 of 93 Posts