Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I was doing some pruning in the azureus tank, and decided to pull up a plant that hadn't been doing too well. The male must have been sleeping under the roots, because he suddenly appeared and just freaked out, hopping like crazy all over the tank. He happened to get between the angle I was pulling the plant out and the wall of the tank. No, I didn't even touch him. Suddenly he jumped in the water, wedging himself between a piece of wood and the glass itself about 2 inches below the water line. I was worried that he might get stuck and drown, so I had to grab him by the back leg and haul him out. After I finished removing the plant, he looked a bit stunned, but none the worse for wear.

G

·
0 Posts
diving darts

We (or myself) have experienced plenty of episodes of diving darts they will indeed eratically dart (pun intended) all over the place and eventually land in the water.. As we all know dart frogs do not have webbed hind legs but as long as they have something to grab onto and climb out of the water as long as it is not too steep they should be fine.. But you are correct better safe than sorry.. Whenever this happens to me I always at least check to make sure the frog is not wedged under something that would prevent it from reaching the surface... Pete

1 - 4 of 4 Posts