Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I know I'm don't write nor contribute often, but I read you more than you think.

Anyway, I have just added 5 new frogs to our ever growing collection. I have received 5 new P. terribilis "yellow" from Understory Enterprises yesterday. They are a gift from my friend Michael Lawrence (Poison Beauties) for some work I have done for him.

They are 4-6 months, and they are in a 50-gallon square enclosure. The cork board is not your everyday pressed board. It came from a Montreal breeder who has been using them in his vivs. They are 100% natural, up to the glue.I was afraid they might deteriorate but the breeder has some in his vivs for over 5 years now, and they are covered in moss and holding strong.

I'm waiting for more plants from Michael...

And here's a scoop. I'll be getting a few Orange terribs with the help of Michael, and then Mint terribs in two new tanks.

Enjoy,
Eric

Attachments

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Good looking frogs bro...Congrats. Mike is a good guy for sure.

·
Registered
975 Posts
looking good Eric. I love the stump in the center. I plan on doing that in one or two of my vivs once I start setting them back up.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks Riko and Eric.

@Eric: The idea behind the stump was to give some visual barriers to the terribs, even if they are more social frogs, and are great in groups. And I find it looks good. What looks funny from the picture's angle in the back is actually a waterfall system, built with egg crates and a small false bottom. It works perfectly and the terribs seem to like the drizzling water.

@Riko: Love the Alocasia. Such nice colors.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thought I'd share this one with you. The 5 terribs have been sleeping in the same brom for the past three nights. There's one that can't be seen in the pic as s/he is on the substrate beneath a leaf.

Attachments

·
Registered
708 Posts
They are fantastic. I love them.

I've really been eyeing the terribilis lately. I think they will be my next frogs.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They are fantastic. I love them.

I've really been eyeing the terribilis lately. I think they will be my next frogs.
I've only had them for a few days now, but I can tell you that amongst all the species we own, the terribs are the boldest frogs we have, and the most interesting in groups. Looking forward to having Orange and Mint terribs too.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I've only had them for a few days now, but I can tell you that amongst all the species we own, the terribs are the boldest frogs we have, and the most interesting in groups. Looking forward to having Orange and Mint terribs too.
The orange is my favorite. When the yellow isn't my favorite. They are both absolutely stunning.
You'll have to post some pictures once you get them. And some more pictures of these guys.
I think I might splurge and try to get a few Orange Terribilis in a few months.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The orange is my favorite. When the yellow isn't my favorite. They are both absolutely stunning.
You'll have to post some pictures once you get them. And some more pictures of these guys.
I think I might splurge and try to get a few Orange Terribilis in a few months.
Go go go! Indulge!! :D

I will. They are 4-6 months right now. I'll keep you posted with pics. As for the Orange, I will be receiving a proven pair of breeders. And I agree with you, they are stunning!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have received a sixth terribilis this morning from Understory Enterprises. A kind gift from bshmerlie (Cheri).

Here is the newest juvenile. And ate as soon as she was introduced with the others.

Eric

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts