Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the yellow morph of the Golden Mantella still around in the states? I have seen pics but they are all quite old and I don't know if they disappeared or if they are still available. I have the orange/red morph and once I get those going well am looking to get into the yellow soon after however there doesn't seem to be any available.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
My aurantiaca are from the early 2000 imports and are bright yellow. However, they throw bright red and orange offspring.

·
Registered
344 Posts
my breeders group is from yellow to red and so are the offspring, average is more of an orange. I have heard diet has more to do with the color then anything but I have raised some with Astaxanthin supplements and some without and have not noticed much color difference.

·
Registered
553 Posts
my breeders group is from yellow to red and so are the offspring, average is more of an orange. I have heard diet has more to do with the color then anything but I have raised some with Astaxanthin supplements and some without and have not noticed much color difference.
I too have an assortment of colors from pale yellow to bright red and found that diet may play a role in the froglets coloring up, I find that diet in tadpoles really get the majority of them orange to orange-red at an earlier stage coming out of the water. But even these seem to fade as time goes by (though not drastically).

Peter Keane

·
Registered
553 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts