Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Just out of curiosity... did you notice during your travels if there were any differences in sex ratios of pumilio between primary and secondary forests?

Justin

G

·
I honestly haven't, but I wouldn't say I was necessarily looking for one or doing any formal study. We have found differences in numbers of D. granuliferus, but again, nothing scientific.
j

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
biased to which sex? Female heavy in secondary, equal in primary? Just give me some qualitative ideas. I've been postulating all week about a possible study.

Justin

G

·
Usually male heavy, but there was one population of D. granuliferus which seemed to us pretty female heavy. The problem you will encounter is the numbers of them found in the different forest types is very different. I think that would really skew your data.
j

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pops more dense in secondary...correct assumption? If so, I am sure this has to do with the amount of egg deposition sites. Hmmm.... more to think about.

Justin

G

·
Correct. I have an idea in which we can collaborate if you want to do that, then I can also tie in another theory I have... We'll speak more about this privately.
j

1 - 6 of 6 Posts