Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came home and first heard and then saw one of my leucs calling!! I was so excited. I just hope that I have a female in the other two. I thought I had heard it once late the other night but never saw them. It really is such a neat sound! How long does it usually take after they start calling to start breeding? And do they like to use the coco huts? I recently put a couple of damp leaves in the petri dish in two of the huts and left one hut with just the petri dish. Do they have a pref?
You will have to forgive me. I know that it is not as big as getting eggs but it is still a big deal to me :D
Rhonda

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
My male has been calling for at least 6 months, and I just got my first clutch. Yes they like coco huts, but mine seem to like it better in the back of the tanks and hidden. I use pringles lids under mine, and have just got some petri dishes to try.

FrogByte11 said:
I just came home and first heard and then saw one of my leucs calling!! I was so excited. I just hope that I have a female in the other two. I thought I had heard it once late the other night but never saw them. It really is such a neat sound! How long does it usually take after they start calling to start breeding? And do they like to use the coco huts? I recently put a couple of damp leaves in the petri dish in two of the huts and left one hut with just the petri dish. Do they have a pref?
You will have to forgive me. I know that it is not as big as getting eggs but it is still a big deal to me :D
Rhonda

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I get extremly excited everytime a new frog starts calling, so don't worry about it. It will take the male leuc awhile to get to his full call, and then breeding will depend on many factors :D . I have had my leucs calling for awhile, but no breeding... so I don't think there is any real answer to your question. I can't comment on the other ones, as I haven't bred mine yet lol. I hope to breed them soon... but I haven't really been trying. I think it took Kyle's a long time before they actually bred as well, but I am sure he can speak for himself. Hopefully someone else will be able to give you more info on actually breeding them.

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
Mine are about a year and a half old, maybe a little less. I also have 1 male and 2 females which may not be ideal. I plan to pull the one female out after I find another male.

jbeetle said:
I get extremly excited everytime a new frog starts calling, so don't worry about it. It will take the male leuc awhile to get to his full call, and then breeding will depend on many factors :D . I have had my leucs calling for awhile, but no breeding... so I don't think there is any real answer to your question. I can't comment on the other ones, as I haven't bred mine yet lol. I hope to breed them soon... but I haven't really been trying. I think it took Kyle's a long time before they actually bred as well, but I am sure he can speak for himself. Hopefully someone else will be able to give you more info on actually breeding them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts