Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently seperated my group of four imitators to pair them up. I have what Im pretty sure is a pair. The other two I thought was a pair also, but last night they wrestled for over an hour straight with no calling by either. Should I assume these are two females?

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
When I separated my "wrestlers" I ended up with one for sure female (proven) and another that I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure it's a female.
I've heard others say that male imitators will wrestle also.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have seen my female leuc violently wrestle with my male. I know she is female because she has laid two eggs(thats it.) So I guess what Im asking has anyone had experience with male/female fights? When male/male fights occur does it always involve calling? My leucs call when they wrestle.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
ChrisMc said:
I have seen my female leuc violently wrestle with my male. I know she is female because she has laid two eggs(thats it.) So I guess what Im asking has anyone had experience with male/female fights? When male/male fights occur does it always involve calling? My leucs call when they wrestle.
Well they aren't even in the same family, but when my male mantellas wrestle, they always call during.
Here is a pic of the proven female wrestler:

I'm not positive on the sex of the other wrestler, but their builds are similar.

·
Registered
75 Posts
This was obviously a long time ago. Did you ever figure out what was going on? I have 4 tarapotos. One for sure male. I thought the other 3 were females. No calls from any and they all seem to follow him around when he calls. But this morning, he was calling and then jumped on one of the other ones. I'm wondering if that means the other one is male after all?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts