Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Yes, it does work. However, it is not nearly as effective as a mister, but then it doesn't get the substratum as wet either. You can easily make one of these though. Also, I saw a design which would require the use of a false bottom, or other water source inside the tank.

Items needed:
Air Pump
Air tubing
1 way check valve (available at any pet store)
Air line "T"

Run the airline from the pump, into the tank, and down into the water source. then connect the T , and then on the parallel side of the t, connect the 1 way check valve, and make sure it is fully submerged. THen, on the perpendicular outlet of the T, have a line that runs upwards to the top of the tank. THis makes more of a rain effect, but it does work decent, and will definitely help with humidity. I can't remember the website I saw this at, but I can find it. PM me if you have more questions.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Yes, a drip system would work, and I am sure the darts wouldn't mind it, however, you have to have somewhere for all of the excess water to go, such as a drain, a false bottom, etc. With my "rain" system idea, you can run multiple lines, so it is not just coming from one point, or line, you know. A mister is definitely the best way to go though, but the most expensive.

Ed

·
Registered
161 Posts
Lars Osterdahl in Sweden breeds his azureus using what he calls his "frog jacuzzi". This is an aquarium airstone attached to a reasonable size airpump placed in the water dish. He lets them dry out for a couple of weeks (no spraying, water dish in tank), then turns the air pump on and they spawn within a few days.

Another variant from tincs.com:
http://www.tincs.com/Pneumatic_Rain.html

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NO!! i bought another version of the same thing and it was a peice of crap :!: Luckily the people at petsmart are stupid so i just took it back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts