Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My neighbor had a large outdoor waterfall that he was getting rid of and I took it from him thinking it would be cool to use pieces of it in some vivs. It appears to be made of some sort of foam covered in some sort of rubber material that looks like rock. Anybody have any idea if this would be safe?

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
448 Posts
Very good chance it is made by universal rock based on your description. Show me the picture and I could probably even tell you the mold number. Its a redish/brown colored rubbery material with a rigid yellow foam.

Yes it is safe to use. The rubber is a polyurea vinyl which is safe, and the foam is a polyurethane foam which is a harder version of the great-stuff foam.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,
The inside does look like a harder version of great stuff, but the outside isn't reddish, it's grayish. As long as I do this right here's some pics, it's pretty large.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hmmmm The detail is a bit off for universal rock and in the US most of their models have been a redish color. This one isn't one I immediately recognize but its very likely one of theirs which means its safe to use. Just wash it down and you'll be ok.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was kind of thinking that it's been outside used for years, so anything would have probably been washed off anyway. Because of it's size I'm planning on cutting it up and using it in a few vivs. Thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts