Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Wondering what kind of worm this mite be? Also if anyone knows what the small bug above it is?
Thanks, Jeff

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
Can you make the picture larger?

Ed

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the best I can do. I zoomed in a bit on the pic. Not sure if it helps or hurts the photo. I took the picture and am posting from an iPhone 4. So I'm limited on editing options.
Thanks, Jeff

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
The worm isn't a worm at all. It is a fungal gnat larva. It is hard to get a good look at the bug above it due to the algae and moss on the glass. I would guess that it is a springtail.

Ed

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It seems rather large to be a fungal gnat larva. It's length is about 7/16" or so. Do they get that big? And the bug above it is somewhat shield shaped and has 6 legs. It a little to the right as well.

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
It seems rather large to be a fungal gnat larva. It's length is about 7/16" or so. Do they get that big? And the bug above it is somewhat shield shaped and has 6 legs. It a little to the right as well.
Scroll down this page to the picture of fungus gnat larva Champion Daylilies. Fungus gnats

Ed

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. Thought they might be smaller than that. We just noticed them tonight. I'll try and get a better shot of the other bug as well tomorrow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts