Dendroboard banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ScienceDaily (Dec. 12, 2011) — Field work by researcher Fred Kraus from Bishop Museum, Honolulu has found the world's smallest frogs in southeastern New Guinea. This also makes them the world's smallest tetrapods (non-fish vertebrates). The frogs belong to the genus Paedophryne, all of whose species are extremely small, with adults of the two new species -- named Paedophryne dekot and Paedophryne verrucosa -- only 8-9 mm in length. <continued via the link>.

World's smallest frogs discovered in New Guinea

·
Registered
599 Posts
Seriously, can we get some of these?

*starts culturing springtails*

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I want some. I'd like to keep about 65 of em in a 120.
I don't know if this was sarcastic, but if not, you should consider we know nothing about proper captive care. This is exactly the attitude that feeds exploitation. I realize I am jumping the gun on this, and I am not really targeting you(quoted), but I feel when things like this are said, it is just counter-productive, even if only in a minute way.

JBear

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
You're right. 5 gallons per any frog. I'll take 24 instead.
O RLY?

Seriously though, without knowing the specific frog's behavior, it's impossible to make a 5G/frog statement... and even then its pretty ambiguous. Good luck putting 24 reticulata in a 120G, even though they are only a few mm bigger than these. You're also forgetting the cube square rule...

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
O RLY?

Seriously though, without knowing the specific frog's behavior, it's impossible to make a 5G/frog statement... and even then its pretty ambiguous. Good luck putting 24 reticulata in a 120G, even though they are only a few mm bigger than these. You're also forgetting the cube square rule...
That kids all 'How do I fit this into a 2 liter'

nice pic Teddy!

·
Registered
638 Posts
O RLY?

I find these in my backyard on a regular basis

1 - 13 of 13 Posts