Dendroboard banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So imagine that you get to build vivariums, reef aquariums, planted tanks & aviaries for a living. Cool thing is, I don't have to imagine. I've got my dream job. Here's some of my work.

Here's my newest viv. I've got other pics of this I need to get uploaded. I love this thing. I took build pics too.

One of the inhabbitants

Reef tank at the same house

Planted tank at the house

JBJ nano VIV

A couple old tanks that I need to get some updated pics of.

Ok well, I'll have more coming. Photobucket is taking forever to upload right now.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok, here's a few more.

These little guys are what caused me to fall in love the phyllobates. Little gold bicolors from SNDF

I got a group of 8 about 18 months ago and have 7 now and they are now walking around with tads on their backs. One disapearred soon after they went into to viv.

this is my gb auratus viv. it's really grown in over the last year. great hex viv

76gal 1/2 circle viv.

Now, some reef shots

·
Registered
359 Posts
i really want bigger pictures, please!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Livin my dream! Must be nice to make your passion into a carreer. I have the skillz, but people up here dont want to pay for high quality custom enclosures. They think a nice tank should cost 200-400$. I'd spend that on plants alone haha.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks.

I run into the same issues with what people feel a terrarium or aquarium should cost. I find the first thing is that I have to know my value, the value that a high quality habitat will bring to a home or office and be able to relay that to a potential client.

Tulsas not too big and my profit margins aren't that high but I've sold vivarriums for $2,000-$3,000 and I still feel there are bigger better opportunities in my market.

with good service though a person could do this anywhere.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Livin my dream! Must be nice to make your passion into a carreer. I have the skillz, but people up here dont want to pay for high quality custom enclosures. They think a nice tank should cost 200-400$. I'd spend that on plants alone haha.
You're absolutly right, people don't know about the material you need aside plants and dirt... I'd like to live off that, maybe for my old days !

·
Registered
230 Posts
Very nice work!!! Grimm is hilarious!!! yeah. plants for enclosures alone is EXPENSIVE!!! I did a build ( June 2008 ) Everything between Misting System, Acrylic paints, Permastone, Foam, Plants rocks, ghost wood, accents, leaf litter, false bottom, zip ties, weed blocker, that set me back $1,600 ended getting $3,500 for it.. but I spent 2 months on that bad boy!! ( and they made me feel guilty for " charging" them too much...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Id love to be able to do that must be an awsome feeling to stand back and stare at your creations when finished. Your a true artist, and like myself theres no greater satisfaction than creating something so beautiful. Kudos to you sir.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Hmm look familiar ;). I've seen a few of these in person, they look 1,000 times better! Some great tank you got there. Good job Ben.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts