Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, my pair of bastimentos are still in their original quarantine cage. I had made and planted a ten gallon vert for them, only to find that it leaked profusely (I'm fixing that this weekend). so they're in their original cage a little longer than I had planned.

they're being kept in a kritter keeper type cage, with saran wrap on the top. i wanted the humidity to be a little lower, so I cut a largeish hole over the middle of the saran wrap. I didn't think it would be a problem since the frogs can't climb on the underside of the saran wrap. well, over time the plants have grown literally through that hole, still I didn't see a problem with it. that is until yesterday when I lifted the top off, and saw my male sitting on top of the saran wrap. I quickly corralled him back into the cage, and then noticed that he had been sitting on top of a group of five or six eggs. sadly, I had to trash the saran wrap with the eggs and replace it with a fully intact piece since I didn't want to risk losing one of my frogs.

today I was doing my routine of feeding and spraying, when I noticed that there's a group of seven developing eggs on the peperomia plant in the cage! they seem to have been laid a few days ago, as you can clearly make out the tails. it's interesting that they laid two different clutches so close together in time. I always thought that they'd lay, and then hold off for a while until they were done caring for the tadpoles. well, it looks like I'll still be having some tadpoles in the cage within the next week or so. I'm very excited! If I had a digital camera with me, I'd take pictures of them, but sadly I don't. Expect updates soon.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope I have that kind of luck when I finally get some frogs.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, I just found another clutch of seven or so eggs. so now there are seven eggs that have just been laid, and another seven that look like they'll be ready to hatch in just a few days. I think they're going breeding crazy, overdoing it just a bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts