Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just found that my man creek pums just laid a clutch! they laid 7 eggs and they seem to be all good. my first question for anyone, is that what are some of the average clutch sizes you guys are getting, and how often. i know that their morph out time is some what short so i cant wait to see some baby pums!

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Congrats! I hate to throw a wet blanket on you, but remember that for pums, a pair can only feed so many tads. If more than one or two hatch out, the rest will probably starve to death.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have seen my pumilio care for and morph prefectly healthy 4 at one time . I have also seen her "feed" tads to other older tads .I know it sucks ,but the fact remains they will lay as many eggs as they can it's just how many they chose to tend and what the end results are . I have seen her lay 3 clutches each a week apart and have them all start to develope and be transported at the time that they hatch out .Some are destined to become food some are cared for some are just abandoned .The reason they do this I don't know , it really works well for them ,and they are very productive .
I would say that on the average their clutch sizes are between 5-8
With the morph out time being a bit longer than bastis, my bastis usually take 60 days , bruno's 70-80 and very small.

Have a good one ,Darren

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
re:

yeah i totally understand everything to do with the pums but what i dont understand is that since last night when i found the eggs that they have laid another 3 clutches all with 4 bad eggs in them, so whats up with that? stress? i just cant figure out why they would lay 20 eggs in less that 24 hours.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I just had 6 morph out this past week. And there are still some tads in there, I cant tell what stage they are at. But The smallest froglets I have had morph out so far has been 5. These 6 so far came from about 15 or so eggs. Now I doubt I will get many more. But I think you could very well possably get more then 3. But you will have to wait and see what nature does. Good luck and congrats!
Andy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts