Dendroboard banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I am trying to research dwarf Isopods for dart frogs.

Are any of them are diurnal, active in the day time?

I tried to do a search for isopod life cycles / breeding time lines / etc. and found nothing.

I know some of you are using orange woodlice, dwarf striped, and Trichorhina tomentosa. Any other types being bred and used as feeders?

What is the over all size, breeding times, moisture requirements, etc. of the orange woodlice, Trichorhina tomentosa, Maroon Pygmies (Trichoniscus pusillus)?

Any others you all are feeding.

Where can they be located?

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
107 Posts
I use this site to source my woodlice.

Unique Pets

Currently grow orange and dwarf white. Orange are larger than dwarf white, but dwarf white propogate much faster imo. Cant tell you much about the iso's breeding behavior, but I do remember reading somewhere on here that the eggs are keep under their gills to stay moist and hatch after 2 weeks.

I followed the sticky method of using a glass jar, dog food, and nesting substrate. Has worked extremely well for me so far. I keep the jars on top of my light above my tank and they seem to respond better to the warmer temperature(82-85)

There is another thread on here that has a link to a website devoted to understanding woodlice, use the search button, shouldn't be to hard to find. Good luck!:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts