Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this delivered to the house, and oh my goodness is it huge. I knew it was going to be big, but just seeing it in here, wow! The little tiny TV next to it is our 40" lol. We still need to install the lighting (Double HO T5 with blue LED's) and the fans, and drill holes for the drainage. I also need to buy the tanks, and fill them. I have a feeling this will be a long project.

As for stats on the rack, it's built to house 12 of the 12"x12"x18" ZooMeds. There are 6 of the 5" light flaps to conceal the lighting. For now the drain bucket and mist system will most likely be housed on the lower shelf, until we move and have room to actually place them elsewhere. I only plan on building the tanks 4 at a time anyway, so it will take me awhile. It's solid wood, with flat black lacquer. Umm, I think that's about it for now, I'll post some more pictures as things progress, and I'm sure I'll have lots of questions along the way.

And what will be housed in there eventually:

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Wow Bonnie!Thats nice! Does Zoo Med make a 24 inch wide that will fit in those cubicles? Looking forward to seeing that fill up. Thumbs up!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys :)

Dillon, so far I have Ranitomeya imitator 'Tarapoto', 'Chazuta', and 'Varadero', Ranitomeya variabilis 'Southern' (tadpoles), and 'Rodyll', Ranitomeya amazonica 'Blackwater', 'French Guyana', and 'Iquitos' (froglets and tadpoles), Dendrobates auratus 'Highland Bronze', Dendrobates tinctorius 'Powder Blue', and 'Oyapock' (tadpoles). Here's my iHerp link if you want to see pics BonnieLorraine's Animals

Frank, ZooMeds only go up to 18" wide, but we do have the Exo Terras that are 24". Unfortunately those are 18" deep, so they won't work in that rack, but our next project will be having a rack constructed for our 24"x18"x24" leaf tail gecko cages, and eventually one for my desert geckos as well.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Nice thumbs! Ya looks like my rack right now, I have 11 pumilio in QT in rubber maid containers..lol there just taller but they make great temp tanks. they dont seem to mind! lol

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Gonna be a sweet rack......Lots o' nice frogs gonna find it home too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts