Dendroboard banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to start a build for my Golden Gecko, Charlie and I found this awesome peice of wood at Petsmart for $8 (pics below)
It has all kinds of nooks that I could put some bromeliads and those others that look like em...I forget the name but will include pic of it as well.

I think it may be grapewood...
What are the pros and cons of grapewood????
Remind you this won't be such a high humidity tank like a dart tank.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How would I go about mounting it to the hard wood....I know most use like a stake for cork and clay would I wire wrap it?

·
Registered
210 Posts
A little sphagnum moss and some fishing line wrapped around the orchid and wood. After the orchid roots to the wood, you can remove the fishing line.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I drilled a hole directly into the wood and just pushed the stem in. If you can't get the right angle try hot glue. If your still having problems just use planting wire to wrap around the brom then thread it through the hole you drilled.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I drilled a hole directly into the wood and just pushed the stem in. If you can't get the right angle try hot glue. If your still having problems just use planting wire to wrap around the brom then thread it through the hole you drilled.
You can hot glue broms?

Btw frogparty is correct I was asking about mounting orchids.
Also I don't really need to drill holes cause it has a few natural holes in it :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts