Dendroboard banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my Inferalanis and my D. leucomelas have laid their first clutches! Not the most rare frogs or anything, but still exciting and fun for me lol. Also my Yellowbacks have been courting, so I hope to get some eggs from them very soon (fingures crossed lol).

·
Administrator
13,228 Posts
Congrats... My first leucs should be out of the water in a couple weeks.

jbeetle said:
Recently my Inferalanis and my D. leucomelas have laid their first clutches! Not the most rare frogs or anything, but still exciting and fun for me lol. Also my Yellowbacks have been courting, so I hope to get some eggs from them very soon (fingures crossed lol).

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Got my leucs in March, and they were very young. So it will be awhile for me, but I think they may start calling soon. I'm hoping for at least one pair.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kyle-Thats cool that your leuc tads should be coming out of the water soon! Mine are like yours, and took forever to actually lay their first clutch (easily over a year in age, close to 2). Did your's keep laying or is it just sporadically

Arklier-My leucs have been calling for a long time, but courting didn't start till this spring/summer... and now eggs! Their call is great, something to look forward to.

URBAN FROGZ-I only have one (bad) picture of them so far. I need to take more pics of my frogs. Here they are:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have heard that they are seasonal, and also like it hotter then most darts. Though, I have also heard of people keeping them just like other darts and that once they started breeding they didn't stop till they were dried out or interupted in some other way.

·
Administrator
13,228 Posts
Mine have been sporadic, I've got 2 clutches and have not got any since then.

jbeetle said:
Kyle-Thats cool that your leuc tads should be coming out of the water soon! Mine are like yours, and took forever to actually lay their first clutch (easily over a year in age, close to 2). Did your's keep laying or is it just sporadically

·
Registered
328 Posts
I just ordered my first leucs, so i don't have any experience, but i have heard they are seasonal breeders, but if you just alter the enviorment (dry-wet periods, hot-cool periods) you can have them breed every few weeks.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Honestly, I haven't been trying to breed them... but I am very happy that they did start breeding as it is very cool. I consider them seasonal, but have heard some people say otherwise... so thought I would ask. Like I said I wasn't really trying to breed them, but did increase humidity just before they bred to see if that would trigger them to actually lay instead of just calling. So I guess it worked :D .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts