Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woo hoo, just got my 2 bastimentos from Patrick today. These guys are not shy at all, unlike most frogs that you first get that always tend to hide and not eat right away.

Almost a double woo hoo today too. My azureus have been hanging out inside the coconut hut for awhile now. They are about 10 months old now so i was hoping they will be breeding soon. Well, as i was downstairs watching a movie i keep hearing my frogs call. I constantly ran up and down trying to catch which one of the male azureus is calling but they always seem to stop. I got tired of trying to catch them in the act so i just started to stare at my pums. Well, to my surprise one of the pums had a blackish mark right under its throat. I guess i found out which one was the calling male. The other basti is constantly following the calling male around so im hoping i have a pair. What is amazing about this is that these guys morphed out of the water in December. I'll keep you guys posted.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm excited for you i loved my male Pumilio when I had him wish i was able to pair him. I love there call. They call almost non stop all day too.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
calling

Congrats on the pumilio!! However, I seriously doubt that you were hearing your azureus call. they are nearly inaudible unless you are right next to them. The blackened area around the throat does suggest a male vocal sac. Good luck with them!!

-Bill J.

·
Registered
69 Posts
When my male azureus gets going I can hear him from across the room, a good 15 feet away. The odd time I’ve even heard him calling while watching tv. So while generally quiet, they can at times belt out some tunes.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea i had doubts that it was my azurues since i heard that there are times when people cannot even hear them calling standing next to the tanks. In some cases the first sign of breeding is when you actually see the eggs. It was the only thing i could come up with at the time:) Who knew 2-3months old pums can call.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts