Dendroboard banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woo Hoo!!!

We'll got home late today, and just got around to feeding everyone. While doing this, I noticed something very exciting... my retics laid their first clutch of eggs! There are seven of them, but not sure if they are any good. Even if they aren't, I am still very excited about this lol. Does anyone know what color their eggs are suppose to be, and do they need any special care (sensitive to light, etc?)? Thanks.

I am not starting a list anytime soon, so please don't ask.

·
Premium Member
13,229 Posts
Very cool, where did they lay them? What type of setup? How many do you have together?

Mine should be getting close to old enough, but i only have 2 that are together, and hard to tell if they are a pair. The smaller one is very shy, so no way to see if it is calling. I think the other is a male. Now my other 2 are are seperated. I may just put all 4 together and see what happens.

Again congrats, and keep us updated on how they do.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. They are in the most basic of set ups, as it is a temp tank for them lol. It is a critter keeper with moss on the bottom, covered with leaf litter, a cork slab on an angle (which provides more hiding areas and climbing room), and a large cutting of pothos. Thats pretty much it. I am probably going to add a canister or two until I finish their tank... but I am not sure I will want to move them if they start to breed regularly lol. There are 3 of them in there, and I thougth 2 were definalty females but wasn't sure about the 3rd. So that one might be the boy. They will breed in pairs and in groups, so if you have a pair you should be fine. I never heard calling at all. It is a very quiet call, and I have some other louder frogs all around the room so they tend to drown out the softer calls. I can hear the soft calls of my other frogs (tincs, vents, etc) when the louder guys aren't calling... but I still didn't hear the retics calling.

·
Premium Member
13,229 Posts
Cool, so where were the eggs?

jbeetle said:
Thanks. They are in the most basic of set ups, as it is a temp tank for them lol. It is a critter keeper with moss on the bottom, covered with leaf litter, a cork slab on an angle (which provides more hiding areas and climbing room), and a large cutting of pothos. Thats pretty much it. I am probably going to add a canister or two until I finish their tank... but I am not sure I will want to move them if they start to breed regularly lol. There are 3 of them in there, and I thougth 2 were definalty females but wasn't sure about the 3rd. So that one might be the boy. They will breed in pairs and in groups, so if you have a pair you should be fine. I never heard calling at all. It is a very quiet call, and I have some other louder frogs all around the room so they tend to drown out the softer calls. I can hear the soft calls of my other frogs (tincs, vents, etc) when the louder guys aren't calling... but I still didn't hear the retics calling.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh, sorry about that Kyle lol. They were laid on a photos leaf, at the top of the tank. It was also a curled leaf, and I think they were laid in the curl towards the vertical part of it... but they slid down and seperated onto other parts of the leaf. It was a good sized smooth leaf, in case you were wondering.

·
Premium Member
13,229 Posts
I need to get mine going, still thinking about putting them all together... Who knows.

jbeetle said:
Oh, sorry about that Kyle lol. They were laid on a photos leaf, at the top of the tank. It was also a curled leaf, and I think they were laid in the curl towards the vertical part of it... but they slid down and seperated onto other parts of the leaf. It was a good sized smooth leaf, in case you were wondering.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.