Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my first vent eggs this morning so happy,read lots on the care of the eggs but can not seem to find anything on how i get the eggs out the bottom of the film canister :? any help would be great
many thanks
hamo

·
Administrator
13,228 Posts
Congrats, what kind of eggs?

hamo said:
got my first vent eggs this morning so happy,read lots on the care of the eggs but can not seem to find anything on how i get the eggs out the bottom of the film canister :? any help would be great
many thanks
hamo

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
hamo said:
got my first vent eggs this morning
you can use a small spoon and scrape them out, make sure the black part is facing up when you're finished moving them. I usually use a turkey baster, just suck them up and squeeze them out onto a petri dish. Another way to is cut a film canister in half then stick this inside a whole film canister and when they lay eggs, just remove the half canister and replace it with another half canister. You can incubate the eggs in the half canister, if mine ever use theirs thats is what I will do.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you can use a small spoon and scrape them out, make sure the black part is facing up when you're finished moving them. I usually use a turkey baster, just suck them up and squeeze them out onto a petri dish. Another way to is cut a film canister in half then stick this inside a whole film canister and when they lay eggs, just remove the half canister and replace it with another half canister. You can incubate the eggs in the half canister, if mine ever use theirs thats is what I will do.
thanks for the info mate,i to have decided to keep them in the canisters i think its the safest way

hamo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts