Dendroboard banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one of our best woo hoo's yet! We just got four amazonicus a couple days ago!! We decided that it would be our christmas presents to eachother. Two for me and two for Mike. They are sooo tiny and sooo damn cute! I will try to get some pics of them up in the next few days. Seeing as how I just figured out how to work resizing and posting pics. We are both really excited about them so I thought that I would share.

-Shelley

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Congratulations on the amazonicus. Did you get orange or red? I wouldn't mind getting that Christmas present even if it's from me! I look forward to seeing pics!

G

·
Congratulations!!! You are so lucky that not only that you are getting some beautiful frogs but that you two both share a passion for them and share the responsibility for caring for the collection. I'm alone in my love for the dart frogs and the rest of the non-mammals in my house :( (well except for my 9 yr old daughter who unfortunantly doesn't live with me at the moment).

Wanna adopt me?? :D Where I go my frogs and snakes go too. :wink:

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I guess I'm lucky too. My girlfriend got me into this whole thing and I've been hooked ever since! We split our duties between us.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Congrats!

My girlfriend just makes fun of me and berates me on the money i spend on my animals.

Sometimes i hate her.

Aaron

/sarcasm

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. They are red ammy's! We got them from a guy local here, up in Denver. He posted them on frognet classifieds. I don't think that he has any more right now, but he does have a ton of tads. Great guy, we also got our intermedius from him a while ago. I will try to get some pics up hopefully on Sunday.

-Shelley

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Hopefully you get a good sex ratio. Considering patricks luck, he got a 9.1 group out of ten froglets.

G

·
Same thing here , my passion for the frogs is not shared by my wife and son . They love looking at them , but thats it. So I turned the care of my tortoises(2) , box turtle , cat , dogs (2) , fire belly toads , 2 semi aquatic turtles and a few anoles , over to my wife . Welcome to our "ARC" :D

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea, it is our passion. We are both huge animal lovers...period. We actually both met by working in a reptile shop. Six years later here we are with our own exotic petting zoo. 8) We are very passionate about reptiles and would like to have our own shop some day. For now our house turned zoo is working.

We had darts five years ago or so. We were naughty and had the stamp collection tank. We just got back into darts a little over a year ago, and whoooo boy!! Hang on! They are by far both of our favorites. And I must say are much, much, much more addicting than any of our other herps! What can I say...we love them! They are slowly taking over more of our house than the other herps do. Now we just need to build a bigger house! :shock: Yup, for the animals! I can't even imagine what it would be like to not have Mike interested in our hobby, or vise versa. It began our relationship and still has a big part in it. I hope it always does. :D

-Shelley

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
snmreptiles said:
We had darts five years ago or so. We were naughty and had the stamp collection tank.
-Shelley
Shelley,

That is a good description of a mixed tank...a stamp collection tank. You have a little bit of everything!!!

I think you might have coined a new term for frog keepers!

Melis

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
melissa68 said:
snmreptiles said:
We had darts five years ago or so. We were naughty and had the stamp collection tank.
-Shelley
Shelley,

That is a good description of a mixed tank...a stamp collection tank. You have a little bit of everything!!!

I think you might have coined a new term for frog keepers!

Melis
Fabulous! So every time someone uses it I get $0.50 right!? :wink: We always called it that. We had a yellow back tinc, a powder blue tinc, I think an azureus, and a blue jeans pumillio. Little did we know how rare it was to get a blue jeans at the time. He was our favorite though. He called all the time. And we always saw him trying to achieve amplexus with the powder blue. Pretty funny stuff! Just like the pic in the Jewels of the Rainforest book! Well you live and you learn. We are well behaved now and I would like to think that we take pretty good care of our darts.

-Shelley

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.