Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing various members' photography interests, I decided to make a post of my own. All these pictures were taken be me and the plants were either in my garden or at Matthaei Botanical Gardens.

One of my all time favorite Venus Flytrap pictures:

Curled up Sundew:

Sarracenia Leucophylla before opening fully:

Leaf of some Nepenthes Species:

An amazing assortment of Bromeliads at Matthaei Botanical Gardens:

Will

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These are from my recent trip to Guatemala and Belize. We started in Guatemala city, went to Antigua, then Lake Atitlán, stopping for a few nights on our way to Livingston, where we stayed at a solar powered eco lodge in el rio dulce, then caught a bus up to Tikal, then up through the Guatemala-Belize border to Belize City and the wonderful Caye Caulker (Shark and Stingray Alley + Blue Hole). It was an amazing trip so I thought I would share some pictures here. I'll be adding some more soon.

This is a temple in Tikal's mayan ruins. We got up at 4am to see sunrise, but unfortunately we were only there for one day and it was cloudy.

This is the sky before sunset at Lake Atitlán, the warmest alpine lake I have ever heard of, with water levels rising 15 feet every 3 years.

Side view of one of the most famous temples in Tikal.

El Templo de el mundo perdido, the temple of the lost world

A temple that has been overgrown

A small channel in the Manatee reserve in el rio dulce

The turquoise waters of Lake Atitlán

View from one of the cities on Lake Atitlán.

Me looking out over the waters at sunset on Lake Atitlán

Elephant Mountain

My siblings and I looking out over the city of antigua, the capital before Guatemala City

1 - 5 of 5 Posts