Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I'm fixing up my old frog tank and I'm wondering if the brom. will live...
the tank is a medium Exo-Terra about 30 gallons and 1 frog for now, hes a pacific chorus frog, and yes caught wild i had him for about 2 years. the tank has (right now 1, and an incandescent, im getting another UV bulb today) 2 uv full bulbs, a fogger on a timer, and a water fall feature. so im just wondering does it look like it will work out?

Attachments

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
its flowering now, so that plant will die fairly soon(under a year). BUT it should produce pups which will grow and bloom

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, ha that's good to know, there's also a Tillandsia, witch you can barely see.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Ok, so I'm fixing up my old frog tank and I'm wondering if the brom. will live...
the tank is a medium Exo-Terra about 30 gallons and 1 frog for now, hes a pacific chorus frog, and yes caught wild i had him for about 2 years. the tank has (right now 1, and an incandescent, im getting another UV bulb today) 2 uv full bulbs, a fogger on a timer, and a water fall feature. so im just wondering does it look like it will work out?
I believe the big brom is an Aechmea, maybe A. fasciata? Was it scaly, or feel "dusty" before it was wet? Trichromes look white-ish and feel sorta hairy-ish. I think A. fasciata is one of the most popular house "broms" in the house-plant trade.

Also from the look of the influorescence of the brom in the back I think it's a Vrisea, not a Tillandsia but it's possible.

The Vrisea I'm guessing is V. splendens which is probably okay in fairly wet conditions. The trichromes on the Aechmea don't seem to lend it the appearance of being a wet-loving brom though....then again I'm not sure if that Aechmea has trichromes haha. A little air-flow may be useful. But as previously mentioned, both broms have sent up their influorescences, which means they'll start pupping soon, or may have already started.

Lighting seems okay, the viv might be a little too wet for the Aechmea but we'll see. Good luck with them!

Correct me if I'm wrong ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts