Dendroboard banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From all sources i have found it states Ludisia discolor is easy to grow. My friend down the road can grow it, quite a few gorgeous big specimens at local shows so its obviously easy enough to grow here but i dont know why but i seem to kill them every time. I have tried all different light levels from dense shade to almost full sun, tried all sorts of potting medium, tried keeping them dry, keeping them wet but no matter what i do it doesnt help. When they arrive they look great but after a short period of time the leaves start to lose color in their leaves, turn red then turn brown and die off. I have a couple of times got new growth but when that happens the new growth is always quite small and ends up going the same way as the original leaves. Funny thing is i seem to grow anoectochilus with no issues. What am i doing wrong?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no pests, did have a spider mite problem on both ludisia and anoectochilus but got rid of that a while ago. As for humidity i have tried them in tanks, cups, small green houses, in amongst pot plants, out in the open but the humidity level doesnt seem to affect my failure at all

1 - 3 of 3 Posts