Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been watching my trio of vittatus this weekend trying to figure out if I had a female or not.Well, to night I moved a piece of corkbark that was leaning against the background.I was going to put a small plastic pot with a notch cut out of it in the tank to see if the different males I had would set up territories and low and behold I found a clutch of 13 eggs :shock:
Kinda answered my question on whether or not I had a female :lol: .The puzzling thing about it was I swore that female had the longest and nicest sounding call awhile back.I know that females in the phyllobates can call but I think I mistook one of the males calling for the female.After watching them this weekend she is huge compared to the males.They are another species overlooked by other froggers but they will have a place in my collection for a long time.Now I want to get them out of the small 10g and put them into a bigger tank.

Mark W.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
vittatus eggs

Congrats on your discovery and good luck with the eggs, and you are sooo right about the vittatus being over-looked in the hobby and I find them quite beautiful and pleasant to watch and especially hear!! Remember when pumilio was so common, now they are becoming ever more rare.. so I truly believe that whatever dart frog you have, treat it as if it were rare and enjoy that frog, cause ya never know.. Peter Keane, Curator of Reptiles, JungleWorld

1 - 6 of 6 Posts