Dendroboard banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
His color looks GREAT. Not pale or splotchy. Good Job.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
i’m glad he’s doing well and hope his recovery goes smoothly!

my other frog Sticky hasn’t really eaten since friday. saturday is when i changed his tank completely. could he be stressed from the changes? his color looks normal, he pooped on saturday and it was small but firm, and he’s still active. this morning i put a mealworm, a cricket, and a dubia roach in front of him and he ate them all but when i put him in the container with the bugs, he just climbed out. i’m just worried that he could’ve caught the infection that Mango has.

(if he needs to go to the vet i want to take him of course, but i did have to take the day off work, drive 50 miles away, and pay a couple hundred dollars to take Mango yesterday so if there’s anything i can do at home i want to check first)

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
He could be 'on alarm' from the upheaval of the environment.

Sometimes putting a frog or other herp in a container to feed causes them to be distracted from feeding.

Another way to do it is to keep a wide crock in the living environment in a good view point for the frogs. I like to put a perching branch or a stable 'patio' feature beside it to make it nice for them. I also like to put a smear of moist fish flake dough to keep the feeder insects nourished and occupied.

Its important to keep it clean. I have advised people to put the crock on an identical one, over turned and flush with the actual floor, to provide a clear platform for the feeding crock. This prevents variables in setting it back, so that animals dont try to burrow under an irregularity beneath the heavy artifact. Preventing a freak accident. It also raises it which can make it easier for keeper to reach and return clearly in some tanks and set ups. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
He could be 'on alarm' from the upheaval of the environment.

Sometimes putting a frog or other herp in a container to feed causes them to be distracted from feeding.

Another way to do it is to keep a wide crock in the living environment in a good view point for the frogs. I like to put a perching branch or a stable 'patio' feature beside it to make it nice for them. I also like to put a smear of moist fish flake dough to keep the feeder insects nourished and occupied.

Its important to keep it clean. I have advised people to put the crock on an identical one, over turned and flush with the actual floor, to provide a clear platform for the feeding crock. This prevents variables in setting it back, so that animals dont try to burrow under an irregularity beneath the heavy artifact. Preventing a freak accident. It also raises it which can make it easier for keeper to reach and return clearly in some tanks and set ups. Hope that helps.
That’s super helpful, I’ll give it a try! You are a lifesaver :)

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
You are Kind. Truly.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts