Dendroboard banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
It can help hold on to a little moisture from misting. And can make the walls climbable.

Whites are a dry frog but because we apply supplemental heat in a closed space all moisture can be sucked out of the space really fast.

My pet whites dont have a backgtound though and they're 21, 22 yrs old.

Make sure you go over the cork for sharp areas. Just file them down.

I try to avoid places they could scrunch. Its just how i do it. Either its flush, i fill gap with something, or i make enough play.

Its a good round though.

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
Zoo med pieces can be expensive but they have a nice, clean product.

Grapevine is nice too for them. You can make a kind of jungle gym that fills the open space values with perching and activity opportunity.

I want to commend you on the nice big enclosure itself. Very generous and full of possibilities.

Your environment will evolve with time. There is no need to hurry to get everything done at once.

The important thing to remember is that everything inside the enclosure will be encountered by the frogs, over and over again, unlike hazardous or adverse contacts in native circumstances, and that Whites Tree Frogs are heavy bodied, vivacious, and like, fling themselves around with force. They also pull those tummies over edges as they locomote, and their will can surpass the size of gaps and openings and feeding triggers.

I had to move my dubia bin because though it was partially opaque, one of my guys in particular would sit in corner and stare out in its direction at the dubia shapes occasionally appearing at the wall of the bin.

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
* Ethical Pet Stoneware Crock

You have room for it and nicely finessed feeding station for arboreals doesn't take space; it prioritizes it.

Food, feeding and associated behavior. These are crucial accommodations. Its a primary husbandry investment and can also be made into an enrichment feature beyond just a bowl where the crickets are dropped in.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
* Ethical Pet Stoneware Crock

You have room for it and nicely finessed feeding station for arboreals doesn't take space; it prioritizes it.

Food, feeding and associated behavior. These are crucial accommodations. Its a primary husbandry investment and can also be made into an enrichment feature beyond just a bowl where the crickets are dropped in.
thanks so much! once again you are a lifesaver!

i ordered the crock and i’ll slowly work on reorganizing the tank :)

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
You are most welcome. We might as well admit that these guys are excruciatingly adorable.

Every thing they do is charming.

You can create a nice little deck area around the feeding crock H.F. and make it interesting and comfortable for them.

As an arboreal keeper using natural materials you will soon collect a selection of useful tools.

A nice set of Files would be a good place to start. Dremels have their place but files just hit the spot w me.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts