Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4 days ago my whites tree frog went missing. I know how he got out and I have since patched the hole. But I can’t find him anywhere. I left my door open so he could be anywhere in the house. I’ve left out water bowls and dishes but I still can’t find him. I’ve gone out searching at night but I haven’t seen a glimpse of him. He is usually a very frog so I would think he should be jumping around. Does anyone have any tips on finding him? I’m very worried

·
Registered
430 Posts
You have to think about how a treefrogs hides and look behind and between everything and in corners. It most likely is in the room it escaped from. I have found animals by just being very thorough in my search.

You may try an open transparent bin of crickets out in the middle of the floor. Whites treefrogs are pigs and the movement might attract it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
How old is your frog? Old enough to be calling? You could try playing whites tree frog calls to see if you can get your frog to call and give away his location.
I hope you find him safe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, my frog is around 2 years old and has started croaking. I’ve tried playing the sound but no response.

·
Registered
2 Trachycephalus resinifictrix, 1 Ceratophrys cranwelli, 1 Tylototriton kweichowensis
17 Posts
I'm sure you've thought of this already, but be sure to search anywhere where there's moisture. Toilets, showers, bathtubs, sinks, etc. If he's not attracted to the water bowls, he may have another source of water.

It's a long shot, but have you considered using ultraviolet light to pick up mucus trails? I also read that many amphibian species fluoresce under blue light here. No guarantees, but it might improve visibility while you're searching for him.

I hope you find him! I've had frogs escape before and it's rough. Best of luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts