Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
hey i had the same stuff in mine... i asked in kingsnake and got a ton of responses-most of which said the humidity was to high, but mine was at 80, and most said it was harmless. i moved my log to actually half in/hlaf out of the water after wiping the mold off and it hasnt come back. i dont think its dangerous and like another guy told me it is very sporadic in its growth patterns. kinda adds something natural to, but you might want to get it off i guess, just in case

·
Registered
638 Posts
If it is the same stuff that is popping up in my tanks it is thebegining of a mushroom. It starts off as a powdery looking substance on the wood and then in a few days it will produce a white mushroom. It has not created any problems for me. Actually it looks kinda nice in there. Just my .02

TonyT

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
actually, having mushrooms grow in your tank is a good sign. it means that you have a thriving ecosystem going on there with a complete carbon based life cycle. you could seed it with portabella spores and make a sandwich if you wanted to....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, now i can farm frogs and mushrooms and open the first pizza and dartfrog shop ever! :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heh, I meant you can buy some dart frogs as pets and pizza's with mushrooms. (not darts) :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts