Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to redo my viv due to an accident. On the new coco panels there is white mold growing on them around a piece of oak where the waterfall is. Is there a safe way anyone knows of to get rid of the mold with harming the frogs/plants. I'm thinking eventually it may go away on it's own but it's next to my kitchen and SWMBO is not liking the mildewy smell too much.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Sometimes you can just spray it with water and it goes away. Just remember its ok to have some mold in there, and it will go away with time. Also if you have a springtail culture, throw some leaf litter in your tank and let em loose, theyll help deal with that problem. Best of Luck!

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Unfortunately the coco panels are conducive to molding b/c they retain a lot of water. If you can't take them out and replace them with tree fern panels, create some small ventilation holes and put a fan on the tank periodically. Airflow will reduce any mold.
Get a napkin and wipe off any visible growth first.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was considering tree fern panels but all the ones I could find were very expensive so I opted for the coco panels. I've replaced them a few times since I've had my viv and don't remember this mold problem every being this much of an issue.
Thanks to all for the tips.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.