Dendroboard banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this works, I've never posted a pic on here before, but here is the picture of my "white" alanis froglet that a few people asked about. It is hard to get a pic of it, it kinda looks purple, but it's really not. It's mostly clear, but is getting a little bit of black on it's body.

If it doesn't work, it is in my album.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
******'s progress

He's still not doing that great, but he's still alive. Still living in a springtail culture, but not gaining weight. He's not any bigger than the alanis who are just morphing, and he's 3 weeks old. So he may live and be stunted, but will still be a cool frog. There is still hope though, another white froglet just morphed and there are at least 6 or 7 other white tads. The colored ones are doing better now, I think the parents are getting more experienced, so hopefully the newer white tads will do better too.

The suspense is killing me! I want to know what these are going to look like! Still no sign whatsoever of color on the legs, all the yellow is on the back, and a tiny hint of black, but still see-through.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<<Just one thing, keeping him in a springtail culture may add stress on the little guy. >>

It's actually a critter keeper, medium sized, with the springtail mixture in the bottom and lots of leaves and stuff on top for him to hide. He actually likes it, he has his favorite leaf he likes to sit on all the time.

·
Registered
291 Posts
We actually keep our thumbnail froglets in springtail cultures for the first few months. As long as they are set up right and you have enough frogs in the container to control the springtail population (2-3 for the size we use) then you're o.k. Too many springtials though and you're in trouble.

Keep us up to date on the progress of your little ones. We are getting closer to morphing out our white alanis tads and can't wait until we can see one in person.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts