Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy guys,

Finally settin up a new tank. It's a 18x18x24 zoomed, and I was just wondering if I could get your opinion on frogs for it. I am thinking either a trio of banded Luecs, or a pair of cobalt tincs. I like the idea of the Luecs using more of the tank, but cobalts are my fav for sure. Just want to do what's best for the frogs. If I do go with tincs I will be making more ledges in hopes of them using more of the tank, where as Luecs will get branches/driftwood. So which would you do?

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
IMO, you should get the Cobalts because they are your favorite. Leucs will use more of the vertical space but Tincs will use it too. My tincs do climb on broad wood ledges and hang out on horizontal wood pieces, midway up the tank.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Agreed. 18x18 is still approximately the same floor space as a 20L, and the extra height will increase your plant opportunities.

·
Registered
858 Posts
IMO, you should get the Cobalts because they are your favorite. Leucs will use more of the vertical space but Tincs will use it too. My tincs do climb on broad wood ledges and hang out on horizontal wood pieces, midway up the tank.
Totally agree..If somethings your Favorite then you will enjoy them better..
Have you had other species before or would this be an opportunity to expand your Variety of Species?

More space for Plants and Branches and Vines make for more of a Better looking Environment

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comments guys much appreciated. I have had imi's, vents, and auratus but that was many years ago. I am trying to do this on a budget (getting married next year), luckily I still had most of the stuff needed to set it up. The tank will be pretty simple plant wise. Pothos, creeping fig, and a few colorful broms (I want it really dense so if you have suggestions for thick plants feel free to shoot them my way). I think your right on doing the tincs, I have always wanted them and as long as you think it's ok I'll go with them. Just want to make sure they will be happy.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I was gonna tell ya a bunch of vents would be great in that tank but you've already had vents. My next choice would be the cobalts. They are a beautiful, active frog.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts