Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Im new here and I want to ask you something at the beginning. Ok, my little brother want a Pacman frog for birthday, so I'm going to suprise him. I found a frog, but I need some equipment for it. First, which terrarium is good for this frog, wich dimensions? Idecided to buy a Exo Terra terrarium, but I dont know which. I found a e-market frog terrarium . Do someone has expirience with this site? Second, what I need from other equipment for terrarium? I hope you will answer me soon, because birthday is for a two weeks :) Tnx!

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
you could make a really nice pac man viv with a 12 x 12 x 12 exo terra. They dont move much...lol

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
You could, but even if they don't move much, you still need to provide them with adequate space.

*EDIT*
I actually tried to house my ornate in a 12x12x12 for a while, but all it kept doing was trying to get out since it couldnt find a comfortable spot, so I put her in a 10 gal with a ton of dirt and she settled in quite nicely without trying to escape.... big difference with the amount of space. Also, the amount of hiding spots, plants, etc plays a big factor... the frog just needs to feel safe so it can lie and wait for their prey.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I housed one in a 10g for 7 or so years. Just make sure the substrate is loose enough for him to dig down and bury himself. During brumation he would bury himself completely for months at a time when my room dropped in temp over winter.

That tank was pretty simple, just a piece of wood and some pothos. He generally had 3 different spots he liked to sit, and any time he switched holes there was a giant turd in the last one he was in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts