Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I'm new to the hobby and recently finished building my first viv. Its a 29g horizontal. Egg crate FB, GS/silicone background. AGB substrate, magnolia leaf litter. Now the big question is what should I plant in there? There are so many plants it is overwhelming. I know a want a brom or two but other than that I'm lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-William

·
Registered
3 Posts
That thread is a great reference! I'm new to this site, but I've been in the hobby for a number of years now. In the past I've read numerous suggestions regarding what plants to use, but there's always a certain amount of trial and error because of variations in lighting, wetness of substrate, etc. Sometimes in theory a particular plant should be suitable but may nevertheless fail to thrive. One can easily spend more time fussing with the plants than the frogs! This is the most comprehensive thread on the topic of plant choice that I've seen anywhere on the internet. Good post!

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
That thread is a great reference! I'm new to this site, but I've been in the hobby for a number of years now. In the past I've read numerous suggestions regarding what plants to use, but there's always a certain amount of trial and error because of variations in lighting, wetness of substrate, etc. Sometimes in theory a particular plant should be suitable but may nevertheless fail to thrive. One can easily spend more time fussing with the plants than the frogs! This is the most comprehensive thread on the topic of plant choice that I've seen anywhere on the internet. Good post!
There are "sticky" threads at the top of each forum category, they are a great place to start... the one I linked is one of the Plants section stickys. If you haven't seen the others, take a look, they may answer a lot of questions you might have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts