Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Thursday I'm meeting up with Patrick from saurian.net. Trying to decide on grey legged vents or grey legged powder blue tincs. I want to know which one do you guys consider to be the BEST LOOKING. If you had a choice between only those two which would you pick? Patrick said the GL vents aren't too flashy but I kinda like em and as we all know GL powder blues are breath taking and I consider them under rated.

·
Registered
238 Posts
They seem to be as completely different as frogs can get. They may both have "grey legs" but other than both being frogs, no other similiarities. What are you looking for in a frog? What type of viv do you have set up or are setting up? What is your experience w frogs? I think you need add some more info to get good help.
Mike

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They seem to be as completely different as frogs can get. They may both have "grey legs" but other than both being frogs, no other similiarities. What are you looking for in a frog? What type of viv do you have set up m or are setting up? What is your experience w frogs? I think you need add some more info to get good help.
Mike
Oh yeah I know they are completely different and the grey legs have nothing to do with relation, those are just the morphs he has of both that's all. I like vents because of easy breeding and keeping, but I love the powders. I never owned any yet but I've been cruising this board and researching darts for about a yr now. I've also setup two tanks 55gal & 20gal that has been up & running for 4 months with live plants, leaf litter, moss, and plenty of springtails just no frogs yet. Click on my name and look in my previous threads, you'll see where I posted a video of my 55 gallon. Also the 55 gal has been updated with more leaf litter and live plants so it looks a lot better than in the video.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I thought you had decided on the Vittatus? Or is this for your other tank. The frog that you like the looks of most should be the one you decide to get, this is your decision. Others on the board will have their opinion, but in the end it is your opinion that matters. Get what YOU want.

Dan

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought you had decided on the Vittatus? Or is this for your other tank. The frog that you like the looks of most should be the one you decide to get, this is your decision. Others on the board will have their opinion, but in the end it is your opinion that matters. Get what YOU want.

Dan
Yeah, this is for the 20. I understand what your saying but its so hard to choose with so many to pick from LOL..... I'm still putting the Vittatus in the 55 gal also.

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
i feel fairly confident patrick has more than these 2 frogs available.

like others have said, they are vastly different animals with vastly different needs, including how a tank should be designed. if its a question of one or the other for a tank that is already established, how about snapping some photos of the enclosure. that would almost certainly elicit a better response.

i will say that as a beginner, the tincs are probably the better choice. they will be bigger and much more bold than the vents. as far as breeding goes, i think tincs (in general) are one of the easiest and cant imagine that the vents could match the ease of breeding that the tincs offer, nor the potential quantity of offspring that could be produced.

james

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i feel fairly confident patrick has more than these 2 frogs available.

like others have said, they are vastly different animals with vastly different needs, including how a tank should be designed. if its a question of one or the other for a tank that is already established, how about snapping some photos of the enclosure. that would almost certainly elicit a better response.

i will say that as a beginner, the tincs are probably the better choice. they will be bigger and much more bold than the vents. as far as breeding goes, i think tincs (in general) are one of the easiest and cant imagine that the vents could match the ease of breeding that the tincs offer, nor the potential quantity of offspring that could be produced.

james
Im getting the tincs instead. Patrick actually told me himself he had to look for the second one. Thanks for your input and the solution to my problem with choosing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts