Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I have a question regarding Ranitomeya species.

Maintaining currently Dendrobates tinctorius New river and Ranitomeya sirensis panguana, I'm now considering a third specie, now that I have them for quite a few months, feel a bit more comfortable and experienced in maintaining dart frogs. My Ranitomeya sirensis panguana started laying eggs.
I'm very much interested in R. vanzolinii, R. imitator varadero, R. sirensis Highland and R. fantastica Alto caynarachi, among others.

Looking up info, did I understand it right, that R. imitator would probably be the boldest, R. sirensis and vanzolinii just after, and R. fantastica shy (or even very shy ?).
And, except for R. imitator, all others can be kept in groups ?
How much more delicate than the other three is Ranitomeya fantastica Alto caynarachi ?

As said, I only maintain so far two species of dart frogs, and still quite new to the hobby, so maybe I should keep my fingers away from species which need a lot more experience.

And here little pictures of one of the little thumbies.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
984 Posts
Imitators are a great choice - but they aren't always bold. I've found some of the different locales are not as bold, at least in my experience. My Varadero's are still in quanrantine, so I can't really see how bold they are - but some of my boldest frogs are imitators (Yurimiguas/Chazuta and Banded are probably my boldest, followed by CV's and Tarapoto).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts