Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 10 gallon planted vivarium and I am looking for some advice on what kind of frogs to get. I definetly want a pair. I'm not really into leucs, and I would prefer something a little bolder than auratus, in color and personality. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
You could go with some of the dwarf tinc morphs. The rule of thumb is 5 gallons per frog, but I would think that larger frogs such as azureus and larger tinc morphs would be a bit crowded, especially with the plants and landscaping. If you're eventually planning on getting a bigger tank, then you could keep juvies and move them later.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
If you want a pair you can get a pair of azureus from patrick at http://www.saurian.net, I am not sure how large they are when you get them, but you might be able to keep them in your ten gallon for alittle while while you make them a bigger tank. For a final tank size I would suggest a 20 gallon long.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Which Frog to choose?

Would this be a good size tank for a pair of auratus or leucs?

G

·
0 Posts
A 10 gallon is fine for a pair of frogs, but I do like to give them more room if I can. I have kept and bred auratus in a 10 gallon before in a 2.1 ratio.
If you want something else than auratus or leucs, I would look at the whole tinc group, e.tricolor, and even a few phyllobates like bicolor or terribilis. Both of the phyllobates are very bold.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
A ten is fine for a pair of auratus or leucs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts