Dendroboard banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's hear everyone's opinion! Which darts are the boldest, list thumbnails and non-thumbnails.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AJ_Cann said:
Happy darts, which are comfortable with their environment.
Any species will tend to hide if they are unhappy.
That's obvious and I understand what you're saying.

I'm just curious assuming that they are all happy and comfortable which darts are the boldest. Some, such as the auratus are known for being more shy than say tincs even if they are both happy and comfortable.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Hi Karen

Hi Karen,
In my worthless opinion I would have to say:
Thumbnail: Imitator
Tinc group: Cobalt tinctorius
Phyllobate: Any terriblis
Epidiobate: Tricolors
For what that is worth,
Dave

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
My understanding is that Phyllobates are pretty much at the top of the list in terms of boldness though I am sure that there are exceptions. Mine certainly seem to be tracking that way. Must be nice to "feel" invulnerable.

I think the comments about frogs feeling secure and "happy" is very important. We've had a few frogs such as our Red Galacs that were very shy at first but have become some of our bolder frogs.

Bill

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I second the motion regarding terriblis and cobalts. The terriblis jump halfway up the wall of the tank to get at food, and the cobalts barely move aside when I put my hand in the tank. Sometimes I think they're checking out the size of my fingers to see if its worth a try.

Dave Willmore

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I don't have any terribilis but my orange bicolor are extremely bold, they don't seem to be afraid of anything, they have eaten fruitfly larvae of my finger when I was tring to place it on their feeding dish!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree with Jacob.Bicolors are very bold frogs.My son wanted to touch one awhile back so I let him and the frogs jumped and turned in the air to face his finger at about 2".He pulled it out fearing he would get bit,LOL.
Mark

·
Registered
617 Posts
mint terribilis

I tweezer feed spiders and crickets to my mints. I moved them into twenty gals. When in the tens, they would launch themselves out of the top trying to strike the feed cup. Very, Very, bold frogs.

John R.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I would assume the oranges are as bold, and Rich Frye has some nice ones available now, it is taking alot of will power to keep from buying some :D

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
So far, our orange terribilis are just as bold as the mints. We've only had them for a short time though and I deliberately planted their viv less densely based on the experience with our mints.

I love our other frogs but there is something about the terribilis look that is special.

Bill

1 - 15 of 15 Posts