Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are some good viv shops near the Bay Area San Fransisco or sacramento?
I am pretty sure there is a relitivley large one near 4th street in Berkley but not sure.
Where do you guys shop?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
617 Posts
The shop in Berkeley is East Bay Vivarium. They're the oldest and largest herp oriented shop around here. What are you looking for? Where in Ca. are you located? I'm in the East Bay.

John R.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am in Davis (UCD college town) i am 20 min from sac an hour to berkley and a little over an hour to SF.

I am looking for basic supplie to set up my 55 gallon vivarium.

Also i am lookig for frogs of course do you have any for sale or know anyone?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Hey booboo,

What type of "basic" supplies are you looking for? Generic stuff, glass tops, eggcrate, etc. can be found at your local hardware store. If you could be more specific I may be able to help further. Most everything you could possibly need can be found by checking through the sponsors of this forum as well.

I appologize but I just don't know what it is you are seeking.

In regards to frogs, I regularly have a few types that would be great to start off with. PM me when you are ready for some.

In the link that Amanda provided you can get information about a Nor Cal frog meeting we will have next month. I hope you can make it. Make sure to check the Regional Groups/Announcements section here for updates as well.

Thanks for the compliment Amanda.
AZDR has great frogs as well, and are really, really nice people. Yeah, I mean you too Greg! :lol:

John R.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK Kool.

I am looking for stuff like coco panel cocobedding moss features books etc. Hey tiki frog i will probably want mybe aurtus do or will you have i will pm you when i become closer to being ready. Are there frogs of the same species but diferent colors that can live together (iknow theres a whole post just wondering if there is something special like two diferent color auartus genes)

How much pm me if its personal

·
Registered
617 Posts
Hey booboo,

The coco panel that I've used was from Black Jungle. I have not seen it for sale in retail stores. Coco bedding I buy by the case from here:

http://www.rolanka.com/index.asp?pg=coirdust

I also have gotten this in 16' rolls to use as a backround for planting and substrate barrier:

http://www.rolanka.com/index.asp?pg=coirliners

Check with most of the forum sponsors for live moss. I purchase dried green moss by the bale, and top it with leaf litter.

In terms of frogs. I have azureus, New River tincs, terribilis, and a couple others I would recommend for starting out. Sadly, I have lost my male Panmanian G&B auratus and all five of my holdbacks look female! I could offer females to you. I have a female blue and black as well.

I sense you may be new to the hobby? If so, I highly recommend getting used to making and maintaining fruit fly cultures. When the viv is dialed in, the frogs are the easy thing. It's consistently feeding them that can prove to be difficult. What is your experience with herps, and your age, if you don't mind me asking?

I frown upon mixing different "morphs" as well due to the whole mutt issue. So, I can't offer any positive suggestions for you there.

I can suggest that as opposed to setting up a 55gal you can set up four ten gals in the same amount of wall space. That way you can have four types of frogs. The tens will stick out further from the wall though. Two twenties would fit on a 55 stand. Two types of frogs and more space than a ten!

John R.

P.S. Slow down when you type. :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts