Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this photo at epiweb.se and was hoping I could purchase it. But Does any one know where i could get something like this

not mine at all

I thought this would be a great idea for a 15 gallon tank with a pair of pumilo

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is there any way i could turn the eco web into branches or tree like

·
Registered
552 Posts
is there any way i could turn the eco web into branches or tree like
Sure, wrap it around some pcv pipe or something, should be pretty straight forward.

Epiweb looks a lot like sheets of synthetic aquarium filter pads which is making me wonder if there are other readily available products out there which could be used in place of epiweb. I know people have used felt for living walls before, would that work in a viv? Thoughts?

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
I've never worked with Epiweb so this is hearsay, but I've heard it really doesn't hold water very well. If that's true, it will be very difficult to establish live moss on it like in the picture. The picture looks like carefully placed decorative moss which would quickly turn brown in a viv.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've never worked with Epiweb so this is hearsay, but I've heard it really doesn't hold water very well. If that's true, it will be very difficult to establish live moss on it like in the picture. The picture looks like carefully placed decorative moss which would quickly turn brown in a viv.
Now that you mentioned it , your right. It looks to perfect? do you know any way I could create something like this

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Now that you mentioned it , your right. It looks to perfect? do you know any way I could create something like this
Many people are doing something kind of like this with ropes and twines of varying thickness, coated in silicone, and covered in coco fiber. Sorry, but I don't have any of those threads bookmarked. Anybody else have any good threads handy for this method?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Many people are doing something kind of like this with ropes and twines of varying thickness, coated in silicone, and covered in coco fiber. Sorry, but I don't have any of those threads bookmarked. Anybody else have any good threads handy for this method?
thankyou, ill start searching. How well is it for growing moss

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
there is a pump at the bottom of that vine structure constantly pumping water up to the top via tubing. Moss will grow great if the epiweb stays wet.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
there is a pump at the bottom of that vine structure constantly pumping water up to the top via tubing. Moss will grow great if the epiweb stays wet.
do you know where this produvct is sold? or how to replitcate this with ecoweb

·
Registered
552 Posts
do you know where this produvct is sold? or how to replitcate this with ecoweb
Like I said earlier, I've seen people take tubing and wrap the ecoweb/epiweb/scrubbing pads around and stitch it together with a fishing line or similar. I don't have any threads saved but I'll see what I can find with a search.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Ahh, the pump/drip feature would make all the difference.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Like I said earlier, I've seen people take tubing and wrap the ecoweb/epiweb/scrubbing pads around and stitch it together with a fishing line or similar. I don't have any threads saved but I'll see what I can find with a search.
okay thankyou. im looking now

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I came down to the conclusion that is almost impossiable to buy Epiweb, but not Ecoweb.:D

Now i just need to figure out how to make branches and cover it with ecoweb?

Any threads on this

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I came down to the conclusion that is almost impossiable to buy Epiweb, but not Ecoweb.:D

Now i just need to figure out how to make branches and cover it with ecoweb?

Any threads on this

Eco web is almost exactly epiweb just a different name. Again its not cheap. Use a heat gun and bend pvc pipe. Then cover it with ecoweb

·
Registered
552 Posts
1 - 20 of 41 Posts