Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Personally, I would never order from Ebay, regardless how "secure" things may be. You can't beat AHsupply in price and customer support. I was sent a free replacement bulb way long after the 30 day return policy because I told them I hadn't even noticed the damage until I opened the bulb's box.

Go to ACE hardware, and they will have these DIRT CHEAP 27 watt 6400K for only $12. I plan on using them. They are like the LOA floodlights.

If you're really confident, you could try a Lights of America Floodlight, 65 watt. Good for vertical tanks. However, they give off a ton of heat and can burn out. You would have to drill holes into the fixture and mount a CPU fan to keep the heat off, and still make sure the vivarium is ventilated. I have one, but I have yet to try it as I haven't had time to mess with it.

You can also buy metal halide cheap from hydroponics places, but they generally come with super hot magnetic ballasts. Metal halides give off lots of heat too, but the light output is unmatched. http://www.hydroponics.net.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I have never had a problem buying on Ebay as long as you ask the seller alot of questions and pay using Paypal. If you pay with Paypal, you can get a refund if a dispute comes up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts