Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that you can get glass cut at places such as home depot or lowes but I was wondering if this is ok. Has anybody done this and had any bad or good experiences with it or should I order some glass from a shop. Thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
You probably don't need to use any special glass for a top, as long as it isn't tempered you could probably find a piece of scrap and cut it yourself with a cheap glass cutter.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Getting glass cut at Lowes is cheap and easy. I've never had a problem with it. Make sure you measure your tank well before you go and have it cut slightly smaller than the opening so it fits well.

·
Registered
121 Posts
you can go to ACE. they sell glass and cut it for you right there and then, but they charge abit higher for glass. $1/ cut last time i went there.

·
Registered
238 Posts
The HD, Lowes, and Ace stores in my area only carry thin glass for picture frames and such. I have a friend that works at henderson, so I get pretty good prices there. Lately I have been getting some cheap glass off craigslist and cutting it myself. Its really not as hard as people think. Buy a decent self oiling cutter (around $30) and give it a try. The cutter will probably pay for itself after the first lid. I just cut the glass for a 90 vert from 2 free tanks I got out of the garbage.
Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts