Dendroboard banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to pick up a few backers rack looking for the 48"x18" ones. Where does everybody get there's and how much are they usually?
Thanks!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Lowes an home depot carry them here. I got mine for 50 but i caught them on sell and made them outbid each other.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I bought mine at Lowe's too. I have the standard wire metal racks now, but my first purchase was a heavy duty steel shelf frame with wooden boards. It was very wide and started to bow at pressure points with my smaller tanks. I wouldn't have had this problem with bigger tanks. It was a rookie mistake of
"bigger being better."

·
Registered
320 Posts
I bought mine at Lowe's too. I have the standard wire metal racks now, but my first purchase was a heavy duty steel shelf frame with wooden boards. It was very wide and started to bow at pressure points with my smaller tanks. I wouldn't have had this problem with bigger tanks. It was a rookie mistake of
"bigger being better."

Replace the partcie board shelves that were included with plywood shelves. If you don't feel like cutting them HD sells very nice pre finished plywood boards that fit those shelves.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
If you can find them, look for the brands that have an additional brace that runs the length of the middle of the shelves. They are a little more expensive but they are much less likely to bow in the middle.
Here is an example of the underside of the shelves. The brand name of this particular one is Seville. https://www.sevilleclassics.com/products.php?pid=191

1 - 11 of 11 Posts