Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been done to death over and over again, but I'm having trouble sifting, so...

When designing a terrarium, should I plan for a frog that likes to spend time both in the litter as well as up in plants, or does it spend most of its time up in the plants, rarely coming down?

thanks

Lydia

·
Registered
545 Posts
One of my Pumilio seems to like a film canister surrounded by creeping fig and the other seems to like the lower right hand corner of my tank with the orchids. I think it really depends on the type and how many of what sex pumilio you have. I have 2 males so this is their territory and they respect each other except during feeding...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have bastimentos but I do have green pumilios and they spend alot of their time searching the leaf litter for food.When mine get scared is when they climb up the corkbark and try and hide among the bromiliads.Kinda makes me wonder if they wouldn't like a viv with more floor space then vertical areas.
Mark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok

Thanks for the input. I have decided to start out with a ten vert with some terracing to make nearly as much horizontal surface for litter as vertical/brom space.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I'm setting up a 29 gallon terrarium with terracing right now. Let me know how yours turns out and be sure to post pics, I will when I get everything secure o_O

Everett

1 - 7 of 7 Posts