Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a morphing setup to watch the froglets as they come out of the water and I am not sure when I can move them to their “big” tank. Their tank has been waiting for them and I am excited to get them in it, but don’t want to rush them. I have attached a pic of my morph set up (you can even see 2 froglets in it) and a pic of their tank waiting for them. Btw, these are tinc boulangers.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I really just eyeball it. When I see a froglet that has strong hunting behavior and has grown a bit for tincs I would say 3/4"/7/8" I think they are ready to move to their full size enclosure. But, I really look at behavior more then size.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really just eyeball it. When I see a froglet that has strong hunting behavior and has grown a bit for tincs I would say 3/4"/7/8" I think they are ready to move to their full size enclosure. But, I really look at behavior more then size.
awesome, thanks!!

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Exactly this.

Nice tank by the way! Not sure if it's just the pic and my eyes are playing tricks, but I would get that brom up off/out the substrate. They can easily get root rot in our vivs if they are burried in substrate.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Exactly this.

Nice tank by the way! Not sure if it's just the pic and my eyes are playing tricks, but I would get that brom up off/out the substrate. They can easily get root rot in our vivs if they are burried in substrate.
thanks! It was given to me as a species that likes soil and more moisture, it def doesn’t look like a typical brom, I am going to try in the soil a bit longer to see how it does. Wish me luck. Lol

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
thanks! It was given to me as a species that likes soil and more moisture, it def doesn’t look like a typical brom, I am going to try in the soil a bit longer to see how it does. Wish me luck. Lol
Good Luck! And want to compliment the nice thick layer of leaf litter you have going. Very nice.

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
I found when they stay lifted in a walk and compose their limbs neatly and quickly between actions they are good to self locate for moisture and hunt in more space and env complexity. And of course show few misses.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found when they stay lifted in a walk and compose their limbs neatly and quickly between actions they are good to self locate for moisture and hunt in more space and env complexity. And of course show few misses.
These are really good suggestions. I decided to move one and one of the main reasons is because it’s posture was very different than the others who are younger and less stable and coordinated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts